Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Nursery

We just finished putting up the wall decals today and although we have yet to get a couple things, the nursery is mostly done.

From the beginning I knew that I wanted to just get the basics of everything that I needed. I could have easily gone overboard and bought two of everything and there's so many options for baby stuff out there and most of it you don't need.

I did really well and just bought what I needed and then after all was said and done, I allowed myself to splurge on a couple things that I didn't necessarily need but wanted - like decorations. Even so, I did a really good job of finding deals and bargains so I don't feel too bad about it. All in all, I think I did a pretty good job.


The dresser I got at hobby lobby as well as the birch tree vase on top. The flowers and the mirror I got at TJ Maxx. In the top drawer I keep socks, some cute slippers, and some extra bottoms/pants. In the second drawer I have my reusable breast pads ( Bamboobies, ) and some extra washcloths and milk storage bags. In the bottom drawer I keep xtra wipes, batteries, etc. 

 

I really like how the wall decals turned out, I got them off etsy. The cribs I got at Walmart.



I didn't want to get two of everything - just because I didn't really think it was necessary. I did get one bouncer and one swing. I figure that while one baby is using the bouncer the other could be using the swing.




I got most of our baby items off of Amazon. I really like Aveeno's products and heard good things about their baby product line so I got their diaper cream, lotion, and shampoo for the babies. I got a wipe warmer which I think will make diaper changing easier. 



In this box I have all the washcloths, extra burp cloths, shampoo, brush, and comb. In the canister (which I got from TJ Maxx) I'm keeping all the binkies, binky clips, and hair bows/flowers.







This is Cam's stuffed animal Dillon that he's had forever.


And this is my teddy bear that I've had forever. The swaddle blankets are the muslin swaddle blankets and I got them off of Amazon.


Again, I tried not to get too carried away with buying a bunch of stuff we didn't need. As for clothes, I do have an extra basket stored away with some bigger clothes for when the babies get older, but I figure that we'll get most of what we need as we need it. In these baskets, I have one designated for Ollie's clothes, Madelyn's clothes, and then a shared basket for their sleepers. These are all 0-3 month clothes. The baskets I got from TJ Maxx.



I think Bruno approves of the chair. The purple Afgan is one that my mom made me when I was younger. I imagine myself sitting in the recliner with the babies and wrapping the blanket around us. 

The recliner we got from La-Z-Boy for a really good price and we were even able to pick the material for it. It's a great chair that we'll have forever. 


1 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

So cute and so fun! Very excited for you!!

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase