Monday, January 5, 2015

Scone Vs Frybread

On the scale of things that matter and things that don't, this is pretty low on the scale of things that matter... However, I'll admit that it still drives me crazy. I think people tried to mesh the two, but either way, fry bread is still fry bread whether you sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it or not.

So here's what a scone looks like:

Photo cred: www.cookingwithmykid.com

It's a pastry that's often baked with berries or fruit and has sugar baked on top - kind of like a crust.

And this is fry bread (aka: Navajo/Indian fry bread)

Photo cred: www.cookingclassy.com

Fry bread is traditionally used as a taco base. 

I can't keep people from misrepresenting scones and fry bread, but consider this my own little PSA =)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase