Monday, February 3, 2014

Ick...Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day is coming up and I told Cam that I'd plan it this year. We're the most non-exciting introverted couple out there so we don't mind keeping it simple. But for the sake of being adventurous (not that adventurous...don't get any ideas!), I googled Valentine's Day ideas and came across a few treasures. Most of which, I don't think would work for us.

First off....or should I list this as number 1....is this that kind of blog post where I'm listing things? I guess so.

Photo credit: lovely-pics.com
1. "You can never fail by giving a woman a box of chocolates and red roses." To be honest, around Valentine's I hate the color red. Having worked in a flower shop during Valentine's Day, every red rose that I placed in a vase seemed to crush my soul; not to mention they're REALLY cliche! (Call me a snob already) I'm more of a tulip and iris kind of girl, but really any kind of flower other than red roses. As for chocolate, I don't like a guessing game, just get me something with caramel and chocolate.

2. "Take your lady (or in my case 'fella') ice skating." I LOVE ice skating and am a phenomenal ice skater (maybe a bit of exaggeration). I can't really imagine Cameron ice skating though and would be worried for his well-being...I'm sure he'd kill himself. I'd love to go with just us...not with a rink of first time skaters catapulting across the ice ready to take you out at the knees at any moment. Maybe I should call them and see what it would take to get the ice for just us...or at least Cam's fam.
Photo Credit: www.disneyfilmproject.com
3. "Cross-Country Skiing"....um...no. I'm not into extreme sports...or at least anything more extreme than ice skating.

4. "Go for a couples massage" I am ALWAYS up for that! Cam gets a little weirded out when the massage therapist is a dude... The one time he did have a male massage therapist, he was extremely tense the whole time. Lol, it makes me giggle just thinking about it.

5. "Get a room!" Well ok already! We've done this in years past. In 2012 when I was working at the flower shop during V-Day, I was soooo stressed out and going insane from it. I was working long hours and my boss was insane! I didn't even have to be there and she'd blame me for leaving the fridge open. After V-Day was over, Cam surprised me with a trip to a B&B in CDA. It was incredible and much needed! I like that it was a random thing and I wouldn't want to do it every year.

6. "Be Homebodies" I like this idea, Cam and I are all for not having to leave the house. I can make brunch and we can sleep in and watch Brooklyn-99 - yeah, we're exciting!

7. "Get Away" Well, if I could just pack my bags and head to Tahiti, I would so do that! Alas, 2014 is the
Photo Credit: www.romancetravelconcierge.com
year of the big expenses, so we're taking it easy when we can. We ARE heading to San Francisco and Monterrey Bay in March and I'm SOOO excited!!

8. "Pop the Question" Yes, Yes a million times yes!! Well, I'm already married so I got that one checked off the list. My engagement was in June and it was perfect! I wouldn't trade it for a stupid V-Day proposal. (Um, if any of you got engaged on February 14, I didn't mean you..wink!)

9. "Turn up the Heat" Bow-chica-wow- wow! Well, they were meaning to just turn the fireplace on, drink "wine" and roast s'mores. I like this idea but Cam's blood runs at a steady temperature of 105F...so sitting in front of the fireplace is almost out of the question and we'd probably rather go for Hot Chocolate than wine.

10. I had to end on a nice round number so here it is, "Reenact your first date" Well this one was just funny to me as was our first date. At the time, I didn't think it went very well. I had asked Cam if he wanted to hang out and he thought that meant that I was asking him on a date. He had me plan it since it was my idea, so I went all out and showed up with flowers.


He thought that was incredible and fell in love with me right away (who wouldn't?). I made sandwiches that were pretty gross, and we went and picked out pumpkins to carve while we watched What About Bob (It's like one of my 2 favorite movies; can you guess the other one)? Afterwards, we went out to get Frosty's.

He asked for me to take him home afterwards which I took to mean that he didn't like the date or me, when in reality, my sandwich and the frosty combined made him rather ill. Pumpkins are pretty seasonal as well and I might be hard-pressed to find one in February.

Well these were fun to go through and I think I might take some ideas from them. Cam and I are pretty simple though so we're ok with the little things.

4 comments:

Laura A. said...

I thought our first date stunk too, though Stephan thought it was the best date ever. Ha!

Stephan and I are going to keep it simple this year--dinner at home and then go to the temple...if we can wrangle a baby-sitter for the toddler.

Krista said...

I'm all for staying in. I don't like crowds! Plus if I could cook as well as you, I'd stay in. Um, What About Bob is one of the BEST movies ever. My family quotes it all the time. What's your other fav?

ShelbySpear said...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, I REALLY love it!

I think going to the temple is a great V-Day date, Laura. I wish I was spiritual enough to think of such things. It's been snowing like crazy the past couple days (it didn't snow all winter and now this) so the idea of leaving the house at all terrifies me...hopefully it will be all clear by the 14.

Krista said...

I love that movie too. It is hilarious!!

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase