Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The One with the New Pot

I REALLY wanted cast iron cookware. Growing up, my mother always cooked with cast iron skillets. She made the best fried chicken ever!!!! It was simply seasoned and the outside was perfectly crispy. It warms my heart just thinking about it. Cam came home from lunch out with his dad yesterday and as I sat on the couch, he took his usual place laying by my side with his head in my lap. This is how we prefer to talk. I stroke his hair, and he is an exceptional listener when he's comfortable. I really wanted to make BBQ chicken that night. Normally, his mother makes it in a dutch oven and cooks it really slowly. It's delicious! I thought it would be over-excessive of me to use a dutch oven, so I told him I wanted to get cast iron cookware. He gave me a budget to stay in and told me I could go get one. I was so happy! I went to target and found the most perfect cast iron cooking pot. YAY!!!!


I'm pretty sure I heard angels sing when I took it out of the packaging. I'm going to use this thing like all the time! Cast Iron cookware is the MOST sensible cookware you will ever have. If taken care of properly, it can last well over a 100 years. I seasoned it by spreading oil over the surface, and then placed it in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 min.

I filled it with the best BBQ sauce ever!! (Longhorn of course!) Then I placed a bunch of chicken breasts (I have this weird thing against chicken on the bone...all the sinews) in the BBQ sauce. I then placed it in a 300 degree oven. a couple hours later I turned it up to 350 and let it finish cooking. It was so tender and yummy!


Cam got me these pretty pink flowers just because. (He's the best!) and I had to set the table perfectly, of course!
We had our friends the Peterson's over, she made the best Caesar salad. (I LOVE Caesar salad, it's like my other favorite thing!)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Cam are so cute! I just imagined the angels singing when you pulled out your pans out of the package. I have a cast iron abelskivers pan. Love cast iron pans! Your description sold me:)

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase