Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The One with the Apple Pie and Toxic Fumes

This morning I woke up super sore, not sure why. It took me a while to get motivated, but after a while I got busy doing chores around the house. Cam's been craving apple pie, so that was one thing I wanted to get done; however, my oven was super dirty. That was another thing I had to get done, that I've put off for a while. I spent a couple hours scrubbing my oven, but couldn't seem to get it all. Meanwhile, I think I inhaled a bunch of toxic fumes...That's always a joy.

I actually enjoyed baking the pie. I made the crust a couple hours in advance and let it chill in the fridge for the time being. I called my mother (the master of all pie makers) and she gave me some tips. 

All in all, my pie turned out AMAZING! My favorite part was the crust. I used my mothers trick by spreading egg wash/milk over the top of the pie (to make it golden) and then I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over top. 


Isn't it beautiful?

Then I had to make dinner. I had been busy all day and still sore, I didn't feel like spending a ton of time on it. I still had some pork chops that I had bought the other day - so I dipped the pork chops in an egg wash, then a breading I made (I used flour, sage, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, and paprika) and then fried it in olive oil and butter in my awesome cast iron pot.


They turned out great! I made steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes for the sides.


Right now, we're watching The Avengers, which I love. I'll post recipes soon!


1 comments:

Cameron Spear said...

The apple pie was sooo good! I wish the apples had been a little softer, but that was pretty minor. The crust was definitely the best part. Mmm, so good!

And the pork chops... oh man, the breading gave it a little crispy crunch and that made it all the better. Honestly, probably the best pork chops I've ever had!

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase