Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pasta e Fagioli


Serves 2
WW points 3
Calories 130


This is basically an Italian chili. I normally HATE chili, but the flavors in this soup were incredible and it was so hearty with the meat and the pasta! I mean, I can love anything with pasta! 

Tip: This recipe is more hearty than the Olive Garden version, but if you do want it to be more "soupy", you can add a cup of V8 juice with the other ingredients. I prefer it my way though ;).

1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 cup sweet onion
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup celery, diced finely
3 cloves garlic, diced finely
1/2 cup diced tomatoes, canned
1/4 cup kidney beans
1/4 cup Northern beans
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 tsp chicken base
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
oregano, fresh
basil, fresh
thyme
1 cup pasta
opt. Cheddar or Romano cheese to garnish

Brown the ground pork in a wide rimmed skillet. Drain and set aside. Saute the vegetables in a tablespoon of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

Add the rest of the ingredients minus the pasta, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer (stirring constantly) for 45 minutes. 

Cook the pasta separately and add right before serving. I used radiatori pasta, but most other pastas would work. I'd recommend using a pasta that can hold a lot of sauce like ditali, penne, or rotini.

1 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I sure wish I could hire you as my personal chef!!!!!

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase