Thursday, March 27, 2014

New Doctor, New Ultra Sound

Per my last entry, I was planning on seeing a new doctor with a new hospital. I've been really excited about this decision, even more so after going to my previous doctor's office to transfer my records and dealing with "old sour face" (That's not very nice, I know). 

It's been a while since my last ultra sound and with all that was going on with baby B from the beginning, I was worried about not having an update to see how they were doing and I was worried that baby B wasn't doing well. 

I loved that the office was smaller, which to me means "more personable". I filled out the usual paperwork which I've become a pro at, and luckily I didn't have to wait long...which was also very different than what I was used to. 

I don't think the scale they weighed me on was accurate, but I thought it was a nice touch that it automatically made me 10 lbs lighter. After doing all my vitals, the nurse's assistant told me that the nurse practitioner would probably want to do a cervix exam, so to undress from the waist down after she left. I didn't think this was an unusual request, I haven't had to strip down since Dr. Robbins, but hey, different doctor - different procedures.

So I did as she asked and don't you love that the "apron" they give you is basically an over-sized tissue? Well, the nurse practitioner, who I would see in lieu of the doctor today, came in and her first response was "Oh....well you're not wearing any pants..." I'd like to say that this was the first time something like this has happened, but it's not. She obviously didn't get the memo and wondered why I was waiting for her half dressed.

I said, "It's not like this was my idea, I don't normally choose to take my clothes off for strangers." That's always an awkward situation, but lucky for me, I was able to put my clothes back on without an exam. Also lucky for me, they squeezed me in to get an ultra sound. I guess they hadn't planned on doing one on the initial visit, but were super accommodating. 

So this was the most exciting part, of course. A part of me was sure that one of them wasn't going to be doing well, but I'm glad to be wrong. They were both super active and were moving around a ton! Baby A was doing somersaults and headstands - quite literally as you can see in the picture to the right. 

Baby B was waving her arm like crazy! I'm sure they're hamming it up for the camera =).I feel certain that baby A is my boy, and baby B is my girl...I hope they don't resent me if I'm wrong.

As I was laying on the table during the ultra sound, I got so emotional. I couldn't believe how much they were moving and how real they looked. I could see their little hands and their little legs and feet. I could see their noses. It was extremely overwhelming, but in a good way. All the ultra sound techs had gathered around the screen and were laughing at how much baby A was moving. 

We are going to be doing some testing on Monday in a separate clinic; mainly to test for cystic fibrosis and down syndrome. I'm sure everything is going to be fine, but it's just for peace of mind. 

So I am about 12.5 weeks at the moment, and my two little babies are the size of a peach. I should be able to find out the genders in another 6 weeks. I'm head-over-heals in love with these two and I can't wait to meet them! 

2 comments:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I am just so excited for you! Totally glad you found a place you love!

ShelbySpear said...

Thanks, I do love it!

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase