Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nightmare on Stevenson Road

Courtesy of knowyourmeme.com
So I totally forgot this even happened until Cameron asked the question "do you remember screaming your head off last night?" I looked at him, confused, when it all of a sudden dawned on me...I thought that was a dream!!

So I've been having the craziest dreams lately, and due to my PTSD, it's not uncommon for me to talk, cry, or even scream (not that loud) in my sleep. But last night, I woke up screaming so much and so loud that I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops...I'm actually a little offended (lol, not really).

So I went to bed last night with a severe migraine and my RLS was acting up like crazy, so the sleep I had was pretty restless. There was a time when I did wake up and took a hot bubble bath hoping that it would ease the tension of my legs and head...it did, but only momentarily.

One particular time that I woke up, slowly opening my eyes realizing that I had to pee yet again, I see this man standing over me. No joke, I was (what I thought) completely awake and there was this man standing over me. I could make out his outline, his eyes staring at me, and he was holding a bouquet of balloons (he must have been a clown, they're what nightmares are made of).

I started clawing, flailing, screaming...I mean, I don't scream...like scream, scream - but I was as terrified as a person could possibly be. And he wasn't leaving, so I really thought he was real. I happened to wake Cameron up - no kidding, and he just started shaking me asking me if I was ok and what was wrong. I remember him yelling my name over and over again, but all I could see was this man standing over me.

He did slowly disappear and I came back to a very disturbed, traumatized reality. I eventually made my way to the bathroom and then back to bed where I fell asleep. By the time morning came around, I was pretty sleep deprived and cranky, but I forgot about the man with the balloons until Cameron reminded me just now....and now it's all that I can think about. I keep repeating the words puppies and sandwiches....my favorite things, hoping that my mind will get off of it. I'm feeling a little crazy right now.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Rachelle! I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I've been meaning to respond sooner, but things get a little crazy--as you may have read about on my blog. Anyway, I just wanted to express that I am so excited for you! Infertility is such a difficult trial to endure and I always love seeing couple reach the "other side". :) Thanks for reading and for leaving such a kind comment--I've enjoyed reading your blog since you left the comment as well.

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase