Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What a Morning...slash, Couple of Days!

**I realize this blog post enhances my dramatic qualities and may shed some unfortunate light on my neurotic craziness...Bare with me if at all possible.

It's been a really stressful couple of days. I was an emotional wreck yesterday, imagining everything that could possibly go wrong with Bruno's surgeries. I just hated that whatever happened to Bruno was out of my control.

I drove to and from Deer Park a couple times, which was such a fun drive. I forgot how much I love driving through Millwood, and Stoneman Road was awesome (Sense the sarcasm)! I will say that the views out that way are gorgeous, sarcasm aside.

I wish I could have enjoyed the drive a little more, but as I was driving down bumpy roads and stopping for deer in  the road, I felt that I was literally taking my dog to a farm upstate if you know what I mean. I was feeling a little horrible that he was so excited, staring out the window, not knowing of the horrors that awaited him.

I felt a little uncomfortable that I didn't know this Vet Clinic or anyone there and I was putting my dog's life in their hands. Despite the gastropexie surgery being a common procedure among Great Danes, the woman at the front desk muttered under her breath that she thought it seemed a little extreme. This didn't help my already guilty conscience.

When I got home, I cried; I also set an alarm for the soonest I could pick him up. I tried to go back to bed because I had to get up early to take him, but my dreams were filled with dog murdering veterinarians.

When I did pick Bruno up, he was so lethargic. When the woman brought him out of the back, he literally walked (zombie-like) right past me. I felt bad making him jump into my Ford Explorer, but he seemed to handle it well. He slept all the way home, which was to be expected, and I drove like an 80 year old woman while trying to avoid all the potholes.

They cut my baby!

When I arrived home, I realized that I had hardly eaten and I and my two babies were starving. Cam watched Bruno as I went and picked up Cafe Rio (taco salad with extra guacamole for me). 2 hours later, I was finally able to sit down and eat. Bruno couldn't eat anything and giving him his pills were a little difficult. We had to literally shove them down his throat, which he didn't appreciate. He glared at me from across the room for a while after that.

By the time I went to bed last night, I was so emotionally and physically drained. On top of that, I couldn't sleep and tossed and turned all night and I had to come out and check on Bruno every so often to make sure he was still alive. It was awful.

This morning, Bruno was in a chipper mood which of course, lifted my spirits. I think he was just ready to get out of his crate and stretch. I was skeptical of feeding him, because I wasn't sure how he'd handle it. I cut up two turkey necks (which is a small meal for him) into small bite-sized chunks, and mixed that with some egg (sounds delicious, right?).

Can you see his runny nose? He's got a cold. He's a cutie pie though!

I was surprised with how good he ate, normally he doesn't want to eat after stressful situations. So then we came up to the living room and basked in the morning sunshine that poured through the windows, when Bruno pukes up his entire breakfast onto the register. Yep...the register. I watched as half mutilated turkey necks and egg oozed out everywhere seeping down into the air vent.

I was too exhausted and dead inside to really freak out. I messaged Cam who came upstairs and helped me clean it up. Seriously, Cam deserves an award. He's super stressed out with work, but dropped it all to come up and help me clean up the mess. I love him so much!

I will say that having a carpet cleaner has made my life so much easier. We bought it back in December for $120 and it has already paid for itself. I recommend it for everyone, as it picks up most stains.

Bissell 3624 Professional Spot Cleaner Deep Clean Portable

Luckily, we were able to clean up all the stains and clean out the register and vent...they're now cleaner than ever and Bruno and I are again, basking in the morning sunshine.

I'm a very emotional person, it's something that I've inherited from my mother. It's not always a bad quality, but I do take it a bit far. It has also been known to give me many an ulcer. I'm just a natural worrier and will feel guilty about anything and everything.

All of that aside, I'm not ashamed of how much I love my puppy. He's my baby, and he's been by my side through some really tough times. I would no sooner give him up than give up a child. Aside from Cam, he's my best friend and he truly makes me happy.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase