Friday, April 26, 2013

Date Night in Coeur d' Alene

I had a Groupon for Bonsai Bistro in CDA that was going to expire in 4 days. Cam and I both felt like we haven't had a whole lot of time to relax and we desperately needed a date night. 

I don't know why, but for some reason I imagined Bonsai Bistro to be more casual than what it was and it turned out to be fancy shmancy. There was a Koi pond, and an island that was also used as dining space. 

There's a turtle!


We were seated right next to the pianist - that's right, they had a live concert pianist.

The food was good, but both Cam and I felt that it wasn't as good as other places around the area. There was also some amount of confusion between us, our order, and the waitstaff. Here's a list of everything that happened:

1. Cam ordered General Tso's Chicken (Spicey Sweet and Sour Chicken) and an egg roll appetizer. I ordered Spyder Rolls and California Rolls (I know they're very similar rolls), and 3 pork pot stickers.

2. Immediately right after the waitress leaves with our order, another waiter came and dropped off 5 pork pot stickers and leaves before we can say anything. Cam assumed that it was my order of 3 just wrong, so we ate them. 

They were yummy


3. Then 10 minutes later, he comes and brings us an order of 2 pot stickers. I know there's been a mistake, but the guy never stays long enough for us to talk to him about it. So Cam ate them, lol.

4. THEN, the guy comes with an order of Mongolian Beef. I then say: "Ok, you must have the wrong table here, we didn't order that." He then leaves confused.

5. A little while later the waitress comes and we try to explain to her that there must have been some kind of mix up. We weren't rude about it at all, we actually apologized for possibly confusing her. She however was sure we ordered all those things and seemed a little annoyed at us like we were trying to pull a fast one on her. 

6. She thought Cam had ordered pot stickers instead of egg rolls even though we were positive that he said egg rolls. She didn't seem to believe us when we told her that the guy brought us some one else's meal of Mongolian Beef. 

As we waited for our food, Cam got a little silly.



7. We finally got our food. 

Again, it was good, but we probably won't be going back anytime soon.





4 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Okay, having been a waitress I can say that it gets super frustrating to be told you've done something wrong (but only if you know for a fact you haven't and the only way you can know that is...well, maybe never but more so when it's someone who is old so most possibly confused). But rule number one...always just apologize and fix the problem! And to just drop the food off without saying anything?! What the heck?! AND getting that much of your order wrong? Ridiculous.

ShelbySpear said...

We were super nice about it the whole time. We never accused her directly, we just explained that there must have been some kind of mix up. She didn't seem to think there was though.

andreamichelle said...

I agree, it is the waiters and waitresses fault here, esp. the part of just dropping it off and leaving so quickly. The food does look good though.

Being that Burley is such a thriving metropolis, our choices in restaurants are limited. There is one oriental style restaurant that is okay (you know, decent and won't give you food poisoning, but not great). The last time I went in I brought Violet and Ethan. I only ordered one meal, cause I knew the kids wouldn't eat much (and I was right) and they give you so much food that it was ridiculous to order separate meals for all of us. The waitress was the owner and she was sooo incredibly rude to me since I didn't order separate meals for the kids and myself. I assume she thought I was being stingy. I had asked her for extra plates, she only brought one extra, and when I asked for another she got upset and said she already brought it for me, and then stormed off. So, I will never ever go back there. I hate being made to feel like crap, and it shouldn't happen. that's my rant about poor service, hahaha.

ShelbySpear said...

That is pretty awful!! Having been a waitress, I can't imagine that being a big deal.

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase