Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dish Soap, Who Knew?!


There is a sweeping epidemic covering the clothes of people who cook everywhere. Oil stains!! I hate them, and almost all my clothes have them. It drives me crazy, and my regular stain fighter doesn't work. Do you want to know what does work?? I bet you've already guessed it. Dish soap!!! 

It really does make sense. Dish soap is designed to cut through grease stains, why not oil stains in cotton?

It's a breakthrough for me...I'm sure this probably doesn't even come as a secret to any of you.

Other secrets I've picked up: 


So just in case you didn't know, which I'm sure you do; "pilling" are those little tiny fuzzy balls of cotton covering your shirts. After a lot of wear and tear that happens in the washing machine, pilling happens. 

You might not also be able to tell, but the shirt is also faded. It used to be bright and beautiful...but no more.

The way to combat this, is:

1. Check the tag on your clothes. If it says dry clean, then dry clean. Helpful hint: steer away from dry clean only clothes.

2. Flip your clothes inside out when you wash them. This way, the harshness of the washer will be on the inside of your clothes, rather than the outside.

3. Flip your clothes inside out if you're drying your clothes outside as well. The sun can be very harsh.

4. Wash with cold water. Hot water can be harsh and can cause fading.

5. Wash your clothes on delicate. I always washed it on regular or permanent press, but the secret is getting stains out as best as possible before the clothes go into the washer. Then, wash them on delicate. 

6. Do not over-dry your clothes. Your clothes should be somewhat damp when you take them out of the dryer. I never knew this. I always dried my clothes to oblivion. Take them out while they're somewhat damp, and let them dry on the couch or while hanging.

7. Try not to throw your clothes on the floor. I am the WORST at this. Seriously, the WORST! The truth of the matter is that I have to try on 5-10 different outfits until I find the perfect one. I find the final outfit moments before I have to leave, and I forget to put the other clothes back in the closet. That sounds like an excuse, I know. But I promise, that's the reason. They'll stay on the floor for days until I pick them up and put them all in the laundry to be washed by the "clothes destroyer" yet again. I realize that makes me seem sloppy and lazy, and perhaps that's true. 

I'm working on it though, maybe there's a program out there for people who don't put their clothes away.

May your clothes be forever bright and beautiful, and in excellent condition...Until you decide to trade them in for a newer better clothes.


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Cam & Rachelle. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase